Saturday 5 November 2011

Days 7,8 & 9 - Nov 3rd, 4th & 5th

Thursday the 3rd...

...was a cash game day. My supposed plan was to start at the Mirage and then migrate over to the Venetian as the day wore on. At 8am in the Mirage card room ther was not a soul in sight so I ambled across the road to where at least I knew there would be SOME action going on!

Sitting in on a $1/$2 game I became a card rack for the next 2 and a bit hours and stood up from the table at 10.30am some $1000 up! My flushes came in, my straights came in, my top pairs stood up against the inevitable flush & straight draws and all in all it was the best 2 hours of the entire trip.

I headed back to the Mirage for the 11am $65 tournament and ploughed through two 're-entrys' before deciding that the 'Wizard Of Oz' slot machines were the place to be and ploughed $300 into those before giving up on them and ploughing another $300 into other 'various' slotties!

Back at the card tables I managed another $100 win in the cash games before shooting off to see Rod Stewart in concert at Ceasers! All in all a good day :)

Friday the 4th...

...was my last Venetian tournament and despite the fact it was a $550 buy-in and despite the fact that the main Ceasers Palace event was also taking place today ($1000 buy-in - $250k guaranteed) there was a decent size field assembled.

I doubled up early when my Kd-Jd made a flush on the river (so it does happen) against a set of 9's but I couldn't capitalise on that and drifted into obscurity. The tournaments I had entered, to this point, had been disappinting to say the least. In total I'd spent over $2500 in tournament fees and won bugger all.

Cash games on the other hand were the exact opposite and if it wasn't for the fact that the slot machines kept calling my name I'd have actually MADE money this past week. Anyway more of that in a mo!

Back to the Mirage where I sat down in in a $1/$2 game while waiting for my 'alternate' seat in the card rooms 7pm tournament. I'm dealt Ah-9c in LP and my name is called for the tournament. Last hand then!!

Four of us see a flop of 9h-7c-5d. First player makes it $10. Second player raises to $25. Third player folds. I shovel my $200 buy-in all-in. First player folds. Second player calls for $175 more and is disgusted to see an Ace fall on the turn making me 2 pairs! Ta very much! (I love Vegas!!)

I go on to finish 8th in the evening tournament for $228 and I go to bed a happy man!

Sat 5th Nov...

I'm up at 4am and into the Mirage card room for a 6 hour final session winning $250 in the process.

So....

Bank roll for trip is $4000

Tournament entry fees & rebuys = $2600 approx
Food = $300 approx
Shows, shopping and car hire for a day = $800

Total outgoings I can quantify = $3700

Coming home with $1000

Total 'spend & remainder' = $4700

Cash games here in Vegas are soft. If you pick your spots and have a modicum of luck you can score $300 a day easy. Just remember to stay away from the bloody slot machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment