Thursday 27 October 2011

Day 1 - 27th Oct

So...day one is in the bag and an excellent day all round really!

Up at 5.30am, as you do on your first day in Vegas, and after a lumberjack breakfast in Dennys for $9.99 + tax it was off round the corner to the Venetian for the first of what would ultimately be two sessions of play there.

At this time of the morning (7am) its likely that you're getting a seat on a $1 / $2 NL table with players that have been there half the night already and so it proved with the usual 'nitty' type players and the one or two 'drunkies' that still felt the need to raise to $20 - $40 every time they entered a pot. That proved good for me after buying in for $150 I finished the morning at 10am with $730 in hand and the drunk had done his bollux!

For the Deepstack Festival they started satellites at around 10am and I sat down to play in an $80 - 2 seat - one which was quite enjoyable especially as I won a seat which comprised of $300 in 'laminates' and $40 in chips. The 'table charge' is a right royal rip of though with $120 of the $800 collected going to the house.

I'll be playing in my first event tomorrow as I didn't think I'd be upto playing all day, if so required, without falling asleep at the table so at least it'll only have cost me $80 to play :)

After a snoozy afternoon shopping down at Frys Electrical Store I headed back to the Venetian for the $175 evening tournament and was duly knocked out whilst holding Ad Qh. Flop came 6d-4d-Qd-x-x and I was already all in when my opponent showed Kd-8d for the flopped flush.

Prior to this tournament though I'd won a further $75 in another $1/$2 NL game.

After the tournament it was off to bed. Hopefully I'll be ready and refreshed for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment