Friday 28 October 2011

Day 2 - Oct 28th

Poker can be a cruel game!

Enterered the Venetian cardroom at 8am this morning and two hours later I was $500 down in the $1/$2 NL game. I could say that I was subjected to several bad beats but the truth was that when I did have a decent hand then someone else had a better one and once all the money goes in the pot then its upto the poker gods!

Anyway as yesterday was so good I can't, and won't complain, after all if you live by the sword etc etc.

Day 1B of the $350 NL tournament started at noon and for the first 90 mins I got zero hands and whittled my way down to 9600 from a starting stack of 12000. Players were generally tight so you could see flops fairly cheaply. Trouble was that my hole cards were nowhere near those that appeared on the flop which meant that despite my best intentions I got pretty much nowhere!

Immediately after the 1st break I pick up 10s-10c in mid position and with blinds at 150-300 I raise it up to 800 and get 2 callers. Flop is a magical looking 10d-8h-5h. Its checked to me and I bet out 2400. Well bugger me if the guy next to play raises me back to 6000!

So its decision time folks...what would you do??

Of course I'm all-in and I get an instant call with my opponent showing 6h-7h for an open ended straight flush draw. I suppose if the situation was reversed I'd have done the same!

Anyway there's no waiting for him as the Ah pops out on the turn and the 2s does nothing for me except for me to say 'Nice hand', and depart towards the exit door!

I then went over to Ceasars Palace to play in the $100 NL event taking place there at 4pm but no good there either!

A pissy day all round with almost a grand gone in entry fees and cash games!!

No comments:

Post a Comment